I had to cover a shift at the Brantford Pet Valu which was pretty cool. Their store is so quiet that I had a few moments to look through the new flyers and plan my week's meals on a budget. After work I took Pixie for a mini walk but she just pulled me over to my parents house. She knows the route to their house but she doesn't even know her way home from there. Unless she just pretends not to know the way... Anyways my mom had made Pixie a plate of food, sausage, cheese, kibble, dog cookies all broken down into Pixie sized bites. They didn't have any food for me though so my Dad treated us all to McDonald's. It was delicious. Unfortunately my Mom was pretty intoxicated and what she said she wanted us to get her at Mickey D's was not what she wanted at all. She threw the McMini in the garbage and didn't eat anything. I love my parents but I'm still resentful of how fast I had to grow up because of them and those feelings always bubble to the surface whenever I see or talk to them. I suppose everyone has some sort of parental issues and I know it could be a whole lot worse. Like the other week I went out to the racetrack for supper with my Uncle and this family consisting of a mom, dad and two little kids ages 8 and 10 sat beside me. I was studying because gambling bores me but the parents kept taking their kids paper route money and betting on the horses and the kids couldn't understand where their money was going! It was so upsetting!
Day 20 Saturday May 1
I had to cover a shift at the Brantford Pet Valu which was pretty cool. Their store is so quiet that I had a few moments to look through the new flyers and plan my week's meals on a budget. After work I took Pixie for a mini walk but she just pulled me over to my parents house. She knows the route to their house but she doesn't even know her way home from there. Unless she just pretends not to know the way... Anyways my mom had made Pixie a plate of food, sausage, cheese, kibble, dog cookies all broken down into Pixie sized bites. They didn't have any food for me though so my Dad treated us all to McDonald's. It was delicious. Unfortunately my Mom was pretty intoxicated and what she said she wanted us to get her at Mickey D's was not what she wanted at all. She threw the McMini in the garbage and didn't eat anything. I love my parents but I'm still resentful of how fast I had to grow up because of them and those feelings always bubble to the surface whenever I see or talk to them. I suppose everyone has some sort of parental issues and I know it could be a whole lot worse. Like the other week I went out to the racetrack for supper with my Uncle and this family consisting of a mom, dad and two little kids ages 8 and 10 sat beside me. I was studying because gambling bores me but the parents kept taking their kids paper route money and betting on the horses and the kids couldn't understand where their money was going! It was so upsetting!