Day 11 Thursday April 22


One of the reasons I love my job is that I get a bit of freedom to do things I really believe in. There is this local rescue in Hamilton called the Pride Rescue and they take cats and kittens off the street, from people that can not afford them anymore, etc. The rescue spays/neuters the cats, vaccinates them, ensures they are in good health through a veterinarian and finds them good homes. Anyways, they shop at the store and we set up a donation bin to try and help a little bit. I wanted to do something more so I came up with this idea and all my employees and all the rescue volunteers are down so we are going to do it in June. At the store we are going to have a Pride Rescue day. We're going to make little t-shirts for pets that advertise the rescue as well as people size available for a donation, a wheel of meows that the girls are building out of cardboard and elbow grease, coupons, donation bins, suckers, and that's all I have right now. It's seems really silly because it's such a small thing to do but those are the kinds of things I really have a good time with. So I guess this entry would be about mental health because this kind of stuff doesn't require a lot of physical labour. Oh, it could also be considered physical health because the rescue is cleaning up the neighbourhood by reducing the cat population and in turn eliminating the cat pee smell in the area. (I just wanted to mention I don't live in Hamilton, I live in the heart of Dundas. I open my window and think wow, it really smells like flowers, almost everyday.) I do like working in Hamilton because even without brushing my hair, while wearing a uniform covered in dirt, dust
and debris from working and no make-up, I still look better than most of the rif raf. For some reason it's a freeing feeling knowing that I don't have to put on a show for work.