I now know that the Heart and Stroke Association did not ask anything pertaining to sugar, water intake, soda and other equally unhealthy things. The Association primarily focused on salt and greasy food. It was also repeated that my chances of dying from heart disease or stroke are pretty low right now because I'm a pre-menopausal female and the risks are significantly higher for males and menopausal women. To lower my risks I should print out the assessment, talk about it with a health care provider and learn more by browsing the heart and stroke website. My risk factors included eating too much salt and processed foods and I could change this by eating less salt and more fruits and vegetables. I am pretty biased to this not for profit association because of CBC's two part documentary on the Heart and Stroke Foundation. I found it a little odd that one of my recommendations was to limit the amount of processed and canned foods that I eat. Have you ever noticed that little check mark symbol on certain canned and processed foods that basically tells the consumer this product meets the Heart and Stroke criteria for healthy food? Do you know how products get that little check mark? They pay for it.
Typical Facebook comment:
Correna Caton
LOVE LOVE LOVE this pic and yes she was hungry LOL!!!
Yesterday at 11:31pm
I would consider this a positive comment because she is talking about her newborn daughter. It makes me feel negatively that such inconsequential words carelessly typed into a social networking program make me feel anything at all.